If you were asked about South Korea, what could you say? Gangnam Style, Seul, Kim Jong Un, Samsung, dog meat, and probably not many more things. But did you know that apart from PSY greatest hit they've also got other music? You can check it out for yourself by downloading some of the games from the SuperStar series.
For instance, this SuperStar SMTOWN that follows suit to JYPNATION or the essential SuperStar BTS. In other words, a Guitar Hero-style game in which you can have fun with the greatest South Korean music hits. Forget about North Korean songs.
Have fun with the hits played to the south of Parallel 38.
The fact is that you'll be able to imagine that American movie in which a Korea war veteran shouts out that he didn't fight in Korea for this stuff but what can he do? It's an app for iPhone and iPad with songs that you can perform by tapping the screen following the rhythm of the music and pressing at the exact moment that each note is played.
As you probably already know, this kind of apps combine reflexes and sense of rhythm and they're harder than what it may seem, especially if you get carried away with the melody. However, we have to point one thing: here you won't be able to get carried away because the sooner it's over, the better.
The North has get the nuclear weapons, but the South has got SuperStar SMTOWN.
Well, whilst you're here, you might as well read about all the features included in this game apart from its great songs:
- Over 300 songs from 34 different bands and musicians belonging to the SM Entertainment label company: BoA, RYEOWOOK, SHINee…
- Songs can be performed with three difficulty levels.
- Collectible cards for each artist: there are about 2,000.
- 12 different leagues to compete in, being able to promote to top tiers.
- Receive stars and improve your skills to win bonuses.
- Weekly ranking with the best players.