Play the piano on your Android
Learning to play the piano is not easy. But, if we have the right tools, the process can be a little easier. This app offers us a virtual piano and a system to start playing even if we don't know how to read sheet music.
Have fun playing songs with the touch screen of your tablet or connect a MIDI keyboard, place your tablet on the music stand and you can play with real piano keys!
How to turn your smartphone into a piano
Downloading the APK file from the Synthesia app transforms our cell phone or tablet into a virtual piano. This way, we can play the piano anytime and anywhere. But it also allows us to connect a MIDI keyboard. Among its main functions we can highlight the following:
- Practice mode in which the melody "waits" until we play the right note.
- System to play without having to know how to read the scores.
- Learning mode with the right hand, the left hand or both at the same time.
- More than 20 songs included for free, plus another 150 in the app's pro mode.
- Possibility to connect a digital piano.
- Customizable scores.
- Integrated metronome to keep the rhythm.
- Tips to learn how to play the notes correctly.
- Option to add our own finger tips to be used in the songs we import.
- Sounds of more than 100 different instruments.
If we want to play the piano and practice at any time and place, this app gives us the opportunity on a tray. Its interface is not the most modern, but it is quite intuitive.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 9.0.
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in Law and Journalism, I specialized in criminology and cultural journalism. Mobile apps, especially Android apps, are one of my great passions. I have been testing dozens of apps every day for over six years now, discovering all...