For quite some time, in the field of instant messaging and chat applications, WhatsApp has been surpassed by other apps in different aspects. One of its most reliable rivals is Telegram, which appeared as its main alternative for both Android and iPhone after WA's service went down a few times.
The fact that it incorporated end-to-end encryption first to guarantee a greater confidentiality in the communications between users or the possibility to use it on a PC thanks to the web version or Telegram Desktop for Windows and Mac, also helped it to become tremendously popular.
A faster and liter Telegram
Now this app born in Russia comes along with a new development for those smartphones with more limitations. We're talking about Telegram X, a faster and liter development that uses fewer resources thanks to the fact that it makes use of the TDLib, with lower hardware and software demands. It's an open-source API that looks like it will soon become the future of the main app.
With regard to its functions, we're not going to miss any of those that we're already used to in the original app but we'll notice a greater speed when it comes to running the application, using its stickers and themes, and a greater efficiency in our battery life.
A Telegram client that allows us to chat using up fewer resources.
In any case, it's never a bad idea to remember what functions and features can be found in Telegram X if you download this lite client:
- The above-mentioned resource optimization.
- Speed in the delivery of messages between users.
- Synchronization with all devices: Android, PC, web...
- Send files without any size limits.
- Privacy guaranteed by means of combining AES 256-bit encryption and RSA 2048-bit encryption with Diffie Hellman secure key exchange.
- Creation of groups with up to 50,000 members.
- Possibility to share any kind of document: DOC, MP3, ZIP...
- Create bots to develop specific tasks.
- Ready to work with low-quality Internet connections thanks to the small size of the messages.
- Simple and sober interface design.
- Possibility to establish safe chats between users.
However, it looks like we'll still have to wait for the video calls that we can already make on WhatsApp.