For all those Linux addicts that can't even spend a minute of their lives away from their favorite operating system can now make use of Termux, the perfect application for them to enjoy. It's a Linux terminal emulator for Android that comes along with a complete collection of installable packages.
This here is an app capable of emulating the Linux environment that works without requiring any kind of prior configuration or rooting. The APK installs the minimum base system that can be expanded with additional packages thanks to its APTs manager.
These are the main features and functions offered by Termux for Android:
- Safe remote access to servers using the SSH client from OpenSSH.
- Different packages ready to be installed from the app itself.
- Totally customizable, even being able to sync files on online repositories.
- Updated versions of Python, Perl, Ruby and Node.js.
- Compatible with external Bluetooth keyboards.
- Compilation and development of projects written in C with Clang.