Having your device's applications up-to-date is crucial to keep them free of bugs and vulnerabilities. Likewise, you need to download their updates if you want to enjoy their latest features. And Signal, the secure messaging platform, is not an exception to this rule. Do you want to know how to update Signal? Read on to find out.
How to know if I have Signal updated to the latest version
Let's start by explaining how to find out if you already have the latest version of Signal.
These are the steps to follow to find this out:
- Look for the Signal icon on your device.
- Press and hold it to open the context menu.
- Tap on App info.
- On the application information section, scroll to the bottom and check the version number.
- Open the official Signal website and go to the download area for Android devices.
- In the APK download section, check the version.
- If the number is the same as the one displayed in the application information section of your device, you have the latest version. However, if the number on the official website is higher, you must download the updated file.
How to update Signal for Android
If Signal for Android needs to be updated on your device, go to the Android app store. Here, you will always be able to find and safely download the latest version of the app.Update Signal from the Google Play Store
Updating Signal is as easy as following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store and tap on the search icon.
- Type Signal.
- Tap Update or open the application tab.
- Tap Update to download the latest version of Signal.
This is also a way to know if you have the latest version of Signal installed on your smartphone, as the Update button will only appear if there is an update available. If you have the latest version of the app installed, you will only see the Open button.