Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are probably the most popular social networks out there but there are still some brave developers hoping to overthrow them. Today we're going to introduce you to a new platform that seems to have real possibilities to get somewhere: Vero - True Social.
This new social network that's still under development shows us an interface with pleasant dark green and blue tones and a feature that all users will love: no adverts whatsoever. We have to admit that Facebook's ads are becoming a real nuisance with totally random adverts and Instagram's unorganized timeline is annoying quite a few loyal users. However, to make the most of such a clean interface, we'll have to pay a subscription which may be worthwhile if you're a social network fan.
A complete, clean, and ad-free social network with a chronological timeline.
Main features of Vero
Apart from not including adverts, this social network comes along with quite a few interesting options that have drawn the attention of the mass media and will probably help the platform to make way on the market:
- The user can sort the people followed into different categories (close friends, friends, acquaintances or followers) to show our posts to all of them or restrict them to certain groups.
- The configuration easily allows us to control who can and can't see our user data.
- The timeline is always shown chronologically.
- Only includes particular users: no companies or media outlets.
- Allows us to exchange instant messages with the people on our contact list.
- Apart from images and photos, Vero allows us to comment and organize links, movies, places or books on our profile.
- Compatible with other networks as it allows us to share Vero posts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Includes a search tool to find other users, events, products or trends or anything that may interest us.
In general, the options of this social network look great but we'll have to wait to see its success amongst the users and the price of the annual subscription as we all know how hard it is to find users willing to pay, especially on Android.
What's new in the latest version
- Bug fixes and improvements.