Mobile payment systems such as Android Pay or PayPal are becoming more and more popular by the day. But apart from the latter, we have to mention other services launched by different banking entities and financial operators. That's the case of QIWI Bank, specialized in electronic payment systems, mainly in Russia and other countries under its influence (Ukraine, Kazajistan, Moldova, Belarus...), apart from the USA and UAE.
QIWI Wallet: secure mobile payments
It offers us its app Visa QIWI Wallet, an application that by means of registering a phone number and associating a credit or online banking card, allows us to charge our account to pay for thousands of different services. In other words, a platform very similar to PayPal.
However, it's gradually incorporating more and more functions, although they are not available in all countries. It's evolving following the same path as other payment services that have started to associate credit cards and, in this case, they work with Visa. Therefore, we can configure a virtual Visa card for free, as well as being able to make the most of NFC technology for contactless payments.
Pay quickly and safely without requiring any cash.
Thanks to this application you can pay for over 11,000 different services. These are just a few examples:
- Pay on online leisure platforms such as Vapor, World of Tanks, Warface…
- Purchase movie or concert tickets.
- Instant money transfers from Yandex.Money or Western Union, amongst others.
- Pay telephone, electricity or gas bills to Rostelecom or Gazprom.
- Pay traffic fines or parking in Moscow, taxes, schools...
- Pay in online stores of the likes of AliExpress.
- Withdraw money without queuing up at banks such as Sberbank or Alfa-Bank.
Unfortunately, the service isn't available all over the world so you'll have to check its availability in your region before downloading it.