The German Rhine-Ruhr region is one of the largest and most populated urban areas in Europe, extending into the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. Here, we find large population centers like Dortmund, Essen, Bonn, or Cologne. Many of its over 10 million inhabitants use public transportation daily to get from their homes to their jobs, and they do so with the help of an app like VRR-App.
Calculate metro and train routes and connections and buy tickets for your trips
The app offers the user a simple and fast way to calculate the path between different points within the region. To do this, simply enter a starting point and a destination point, and the app will offer the fastest way to get there, indicating both the place of departure and arrival.
This is an app which is offered in both German and English, so it is also suitable for tourists and has the following functions and features:
- Calculates paths between different points.
- Consult train and bus departure schedules.
- Buy tickets and travel passes of different types according to your needs.
- Support for different modes of payment.
- Check your routes on the map.
- Get the calculation of the exact duration of the journey.
- Save trips in your favorites section.