Although it's possibly not the best application to chat and send messages, WhatsApp is the most used app of this nature in the world, beating many others of the likes of Telegram, Facebook Messenger, LINE or Kik, amongst many more. It has way over a billion registered users and that's why nobody should be surprised that there are dozens of WhatsApp mods, including WhatsApp Plus, that add extra functions to the original tool.
WaMa: a mod for the Android version of WA
Amongst the wide range of WhatsApp mods of the likes of GBWhatsApp, OGWhatsApp or YOWhatsApp, we also have to point out this WhatsAppMA, another mod that allows us to include new functions in the chat application and that, on the one hand, affect the visual aspect of the interface, and on the other, the app's internal functions.
To begin with, we have to mention that this application is based on the WhatsApp app so you don't need to download and install the original version as it works as a standalone and not as an extension or add-on.
Extend WhatsApp's functions and customize its performance.
These are some of the features offered by this app that are mainly based on minor visual tweaks and performance improvements:
- Possibility to change the interface's color instead of having to stick to WhatsApp's classic green tones.
- User interface incorporates a night mode.
- Change the language from inside the app.
- New collection of emojis.
- Possibility to download themes for WhatsApp.
- Remove unnecessary files from the app.
- Different sizes.
- Wide range of fonts.
- Send photos in HD.
- Text is much easier to select.
- Message counter for groups.
- Possibility to hide the call button.
- Greater privacy settings.
- Distinguish between normal messages and broadcast messages.
- Different conversation styles.
One thing to bear in mind when installing the APK of WaMa: you'll have to previously uninstall your traditional WhatsApp app because the operating system will detect that you're trying to install an app that you've already installed, blocking the installation process. However, before proceeding to the uninstallation of WhatsApp, we recommend you to protect all your conversations by making a backup and restoring it later on so you don't lose anything important.