Word searches are possibly one of the most classic pastimes ever to exist. Invented by the Spaniard, Pedro Ocón de Oro, for many years they have held a privileged place amongst the pages of many newspapers and magazines, becoming a simple means of leisure that helps to stimulate or intelligence and sharpen our eyesight.
Well, just like everything else in this world, this pastime has also undergone its own evolution and now, not only can we play on printout versions with pen and paper. But now thanks to mobile devices of the likes of smartphones and tablets, we can enjoy this kind of puzzle on our Android thanks to applications of the likes of Word Search, available in APK format from the Play Store.
Scan each panel looking for hidden words.
Developed by Melimot, it's a tool with which we can complete different grids of online word searches. We'll find all sorts: easy, hard, for kids, and for adults. How it works is identical to the paper version: the words on the list are hidden on the panel in all directions (horizontal, vertical, and diagonal). With our finger, we'll simply have to swipe from the first to the last letter of each word, and the latter will be crossed out on the list at the bottom of the screen.
- Word search game for Android with words laid out in all directions.
- Words highlighted with bright colors or a greyscale once found.
- Words automatically crossed out on the list once found.
- Option to change the size of the font and the grid to adapt the game to all screen sizes and visual capacities.
- Endless screens that are generated automatically.
- Try to complete each screen as fast as possible to try to break your own record.
- Possibility to switch languages from within the application to learn new vocabulary, although we have to admit that some words seem to have been made up.