The Russian Internet company Yandex is competing with Google in Russia and in other countries within its sphere of influence, having consolidated itself in a range of online services such as searches, navigation, and maps. It wasn't going to be any different with Android keyboards (another way of directing users to its search function) and that is why it offers Yandex.Keyboard.
The keyboard for users of the Yandex app eco-system
It is a keyboard for Android that aims to rival that of Google and others by trying to offer more precise functions such as smart auto-correct, support for voice input, and a typing system based on swiping, as well as, among other functions, a built-in translator.
It is a particularly useful tool if you speak Russian and use the Yandex app eco-system. These are its main features:
- Sober design.
- Night mode.
- A built-in translator that recognizes more than 70 languages.
- Voice input for recording audio messages.
- Its own emojis, kaomojis, GIFs, and stickers.
- Support for typing using precision swiping.
- Guaranteed privacy (according to the developers).
- Auto-learning in order to anticipate the user with predictive text.