A WhatsApp MOD focused on user privacy
WhatsApp's most successful MODs, such as GBWhatsApp or WhatsApp Plus, stand out among other things for the wide variety of options they offer to customize the app aesthetically through themes or wallpapers. In contrast, YMWhatsApp+ is a MOD with a minimalist design that respects the design of the official app as much as possible, offering advanced features regarding privacy.
Minimalistic and sober design and more privacy features
This MOD is almost identical to the official WhatsApp Messenger, but if we go to its special menu, it will offer us a series of functions that let us customize the user experience, particularly in the privacy section. However, it also offers other features, such as changing the fonts or being more permissive with the size limit in the messages. These are the most outstanding ones:
- Anti-ban protection (although it is not guaranteed to work every time).
- Sending photos at maximum quality.
- Increase in the size limit of files to be sent.
- Prevents the deletion of received messages.
- Enables you to hide your online status.
- Hiding of reading checks.
- Notice of online contacts and change of profile pictures.
- Unlimited message forwarding.
- Hiding the forwarded message in forwarded messages.
- Ephemeral messages and photos can be viewed more than once.
- PIN to block access.
- Junk files cleaner.
- Enables two WhatsApp accounts to be used simultaneously.
In short, this is a good MOD of WhatsApp, mostly for those who prefer to improve specific issues such as the aforementioned privacy, rather than giving it a graphic overhaul. However, keep in mind that this is a MOD and its operation may not be stable, as it depends on the WhatsApp service itself (and there is a risk of banning).
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.1.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...