The Norwegian government-owned radio and television public broadcasting company, NRK, together with the Meteorological Institute of this country, have created a weather forecast app called Yr. It's one of the most accurate and functional applications that you can download for Android.
Weather forecast for all over the world
This application, just like others in the same category, is capable of offering us the weather forecast for different places in the world, obviously including our current location and our favorite places or those that we visit on a regular basis. It comes along with a user-friendly and plain design that offers us a pleasant user experience.
These are the main features of this application:
- Weather forecast for the following 48 hours.
- Long-term weather forecast is broken down by hours for the following 3 days.
- Charts with climate, temperature, wind, and pressure details.
- Widget for our phone's home screen.
- Database with over 10 million places all over the world.
- Several different measurement units and settings options to customize the interface.
For the time being, the app is only available in English and two Norwegian dialects (Nynorsk and Bokmål), but you won't have any problems getting along with it and knowing the weather forecast before walking out of your front door.