The twelfth version of iOS
September 2018 was the birthday of Apple iOS 12, the twelfth version of the operating system developed by the guys at Cupertino for their mobile devices, iPhone and iPad. Regarding the previous version, iOS 11, the platform has gained in smoothness and its graphical environment has been enhanced.
iPhone OS has seen its performance improved so now running certain actions is much faster, which can be noticed mainly when we've got two applications running at the same time. For such reason, and always according to Apple's own words, functions such as opening our camera, accessing our keyboard or opening apps with heavy workloads now work much faster.
What's new in iOS 12
These are some of the main features and updates included in iOS 12:
- Performance improvementS.
- FaceTime allows us to chat with up to 32 people at once.
- Create animojis that are identical to the user.
- Includes four new animojis: ghost, koala, tiger, and tyrannosaurus.
- New camera effects such as texts, stickers, and filters.
- Send augmented reality objects through Messages or Mail.
- Parental control to allow us to view in real time the usage of the rest of family devices.
- Notifications management.
- Do not disturb function.
- Suggestions to share photos with those people that appear in them.
- Privacy improvements.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...