Microsoft Expression Studio is one of the most complete design suites, and at the same time one of the least known. It covers different design fields, from web creation to video editing.
Now they have improved the compatibility, specially when it comes to importing / exporting between the different applications that are part of the suite, as well as adding new features.
Components of this suite
- Expression Blend: A professional design tool, that supports WPF and Silverlight (that is being used a lot lately). It has a WYSIWYG interface to speed up the work with vectors, bitmaps, artwork, video and other tools. It includes predetermined controls and it can use 3D models.
- Expression Design: Part of Microsoft Expression Studio dedicated to professional illustration and graphic design. With a graphical interface that has been specially designed for this type of work, it is capable of exporting various graphical formats simultaneously. Its tools are prepared for vector drawing, and it includes various visual effects.
- Expression Encoder: this program improves, codes and makes publishing video easier, enhancing the result for Silverlight integration. It transcodes and compresses multiple video formats for mobile devices, web, HD or H.264. It also allows the use of streaming technology. It is possible to edit files, and Encoder will recode them with its advanced methods, saving time and without losing quality.
- Expression Media: The suite organizer. Since it is more than likely that you will create thousands of files, drafts and copies with this suite, Expression Media organizes all of them. It allows you to put up to 128,000 elements in each catalog, allowing you to browse, classify, modify the metadata, preview and export directly to other programs of the Expression Suite. It allows automatic synchronization and the creation of backups.
- Expression Web: The professional web creation tool of the suite. It makes sure that they comply with Internet standards, as well as easing ASP.NET and PHP development. With information and task panels, compatibility with Photoshop and capacity to work with CSS, ASP.NET 3.5 and PHP.