WhatsApp is the chat and instant messaging app par excellence, being the most popular messenger in the world with about 1.3 billion active users all over the planet. Does that mean that it's the best chat app around? Not necessarily since there's so much competition on behalf of LINE, Kik, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Viber, Skype...
But neither is it our intention to compare them all here and now but we introduce you to one of the many WhatsApp MODs that are around on Android. Another alternative amongst the many that have appeared over the last few years such as Plus, Transparent, OGWhatsApp, and so on. We're talking about NSWhatsApp 3D.
More privacy, more customization
These MODs provide the user with a series of functions and features that aren't available in the stable version of the app. These functions don't involve any huge performance differences, only a minor tweak that makes it more comfortable, providing the user with greater control over the app.
The following are the main functions offered by NSWhatsApp for Android:
- Function to answer messages with an automatic reply when you're not available.
- New admin options for WhatsApp groups.
- Interface customization: new check styles, conversation bubbles, notification bards, icons...
- Support to download WhatsApp themes.
- More advanced privacy functions with which we can hide the last time we were online, our online status, the double blue check... all the latter, without waiving the possibility to continue snooping on our contacts.
We have to point out that this app isn't like WA Tweaks, which allows us to use secret WhatsApp functions that aren't activated by default in the official beta version.
How to install NSWhatsApp
This app can be installed just like any other MOD. In other words, by following these steps:
- Step 1: in the first place, you must make a backup of your conversations on the official version of WhatsApp Messenger.
- Step 2: after that, uninstall the application in your Android's app manager whilst you also enable the option to install APKs from unknown sources.
- Step 3: now visit NSWhatsApp's datasheet on Malavida and download the APK to your device.
- Step 4: once downloaded, go to the folder where you keep your downloads and tap on the file to launch the installation process.
- Step 5: once the installation has been completed, sign up with your phone number and restore all your conversations.
What's new in the latest version
- Updated to base WhatsApp version 2.9.17.
- New emojis.
- Enables the stickers' function.
- Enables swipe to reply.
- Enables group calls.