If you're a Mac user, it's quite common to have to need to run some kind of Windows application on your computer. The most logical thing would be to go to another PC and try out whatever you need but sometimes that's not possible because you don't have another computer at hand or because what you need to test is related with the work you're developing on macOS.
To solve these problems, we can resort to the download of virtual machines such as Parallels Desktop, a system that allows us to use Windows 10 without having to carry out hard drive partitions.
Installing Windows on a Mac is much easier than what you thought
This virtual machine specially designed to run Windows 10 on a Mac stands out for its performance. In fact, applications that on Windows require a great graphical and resource effort can be run on MacBook, iMac, iMac mini or Mac Pro without requiring them to overclock.
In turn, the integration has been solved without any problems. You can run applications in parallel without having to reboot, dragging and dropping elements on desktops and accessing the Windows apps straight from the dock of Apple's operating system.
How to install Windows on Mac in the easiest of manners.
- Simple installation: choose between Windows, Linux or an existing Boot Camp. You can also install Windows on your Mac.
- Run Windows and Mac applications in parallel.
- Switch from Windows to Mac instantly.
- Reuse an existing Boot Camp install.
- Use the Touch Bar on Windows.
- Connect USB devices, Thunderbolt, and FireWire to Windows. Connect Bluetooth and printers to both operating systems.
- Choose all sorts of applications and games on Windows and Parallels will take care of adapting their performance to Mac.
- Includes Parallels Toolbox for Mac and Windows, a package that includes over 30 tools to clean our hard drive, take screenshots, download videos or protect private files, amongst other functions.
The latest version is number 13, which you can use as a trial for 14 days before downloading a full version which we recommend you to purchase instead of searching for a crack or key generator to be able to use Parallels Desktop for free, but without any guarantees. The latter gathers all the improvements implemented in Parallels 10, 11, and 12, as well as the new features that adapt the software to the latest High Sierra parameters.