Amongst the best programs to download videos from YouTube and other portals, we have to mention aTube Catcher because it's compatible with loads of websites that show videos including those that host contents for adults and it's really easy to use. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean that there aren't other alternatives, and that goes for software of the likes of TubeMate, for instance.
TubeMate HD Video Pro Desktop: forget about downloading APKs and emulators
If you use Android, you might be familiar with an application of the same name as it's probably the best app to download videos. It is so because it works really well and because it's compatible with loads of pages to download contents beyond YouTube or Vimeo, as it also supports social networks of the likes of Facebook and Instagram.
Well, to tell you the truth, this isn't the official version of TubeMate for Windows but a third-party development that takes advantage of the popularity of the Android app. It's not as versatile as the mobile version but at least we can use a similar program without having to resort to an APK or emulators of the likes of BlueStacks.
YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion
Here we won't find the long list of websites compatible with the Android version or the above-mentioned aTube Catcher but it does allow us to download videos from the most popular video streaming sites (and we have to admit that it's YouTube compatibility is all we really need).
Therefore, we're talking about an application that works like a client to play videos on these three portals and that also offers us the following features:
- Use the manual search engine or resort to the suggestions to find the video you're looking for.
- Click on any video to start playing it.
- Easily download any video. You can do so in several resolutions and also choose to only download the audio in different qualities.
- Go to the VIDEOS folder to see everything you've downloaded.
- Create playlists and video download lists.
- Choose between two themes for the user interface: dark or light.
However, this app comes along with loads of adverts which in some cases can be very invasive and annoying, taking up part of the interface. If you want to get rid of them, you'll have to resort to paying an in-app purchase.
What's new in this version
- New Pro version with more functions.