USB sticks can be a very dangerous method to propagate viruses if we don't handle them with care. A strain of malware can install itself on our pendrive and remain in a hidden file or folder, waiting for us to connect it to different PCs allowing it to infect other computers. And all the later, without use even realizing as we won't notice anything out of the normal among the files stored on our portable hard drive. Thank god we have available a program like USB Show to solve this problem.
Find hidden folders in your removable units.
What is USB Show and what's it for?
It's a tool that scans any memory unit, whether a USB stick or any other larger removable disc unit, searching for hidden files and folders, maybe hidden by viruses or any other user accidentally or intentionally. So using it will help us to:
- Discover folders where a virus or trojan may be hiding and waiting to infect other computers we plug our USB into.
- Find files that we thought had disappeared or had been deleted by error, but were simply hidden.
Where to download USB Show for PC and how to use it?
To download this program to your computer you won't have to resort to Mega or any other dubious website. You can download this software for free within a zipped folder from the official web of its developer, LDC, or through or download button. It's very lightweight so you'll have it on your PC in a matter of seconds.
Just unzip the file and run the application (it's a portable program so it doesn't require an installation process) to start searching for hidden files on your external memories, following these steps:
- Step 1: Choose the language for the interface: English or Spanish.
- Step 2: Hit the button to recover hidden files.
- Step 3: Explore the folder tree until you reach the folder you want to scan.
- Step 4: Wait for the program to explore the unit chosen and notify you that it has finished.
Now, when you open your USB stick you'll see how new folders have appeared that were previously invisible. It's up to you to decide if you have to remove those files or keep them because you have to take into account that not all the files found are malicious.
The program just makes visible those files that were hidden, from there on, you choose what to do with them. But always being very careful, putting them through an antivirus scan and backup up your important data before proceeding.