The truth is that regardless of the number of apps to chat and send messages that are released as is the case of LINE, Telegram, Facebook Messenger and others, WhatsApp's throne is still out of their reach. And although it's falling behind in certain features and functions, since it's the instant messaging application with the largest number of users (if you were wondering how many, we can tell you that about 1 billion all over the world) nobody seems to care.
How to customize WhatsApp? Making it see-through
And although its developers aren't too keen on releasing APKs that allow us to improve, extend and expand its functions, just like LINE does, there are alternative developments by third parties of the likes of Plus or OGWhatsApp for this purpose, just like the application we're reviewing today: WhatsApp Transparent.
As you've probably gathered from its name, it's a MOD that can help us to stop seeing the boring wallpaper of the messaging app (that you can change to your own liking with the photo of your choice) to view our smartphone's home screen. So, forget about all those marvelous functions that help you to manage your privacy other options to make WhatsApp the best mobile chat application. This is all about transparencies.
Customize your chat conversations.
Well, that's not totally true: it also comes along with a few emojis and emoticons that turn out to be more expressive and detailed than the original ones.
It doesn't work, what should I do?
If it doesn't work, that might have to do with the latest update of the messaging app that will also force you to download the latest version of this MOD. That's why the 2016 versions you downloaded in September, October or December (versions 4.81, 4.91 or 5.0) thinking that they'd last for a long time are already out of date. The only solution is installing the app again.
And remember: it only works on Android devices such as smartphones and tablets, not on iOS devices like iPads or iPhones, and neither on the desktop version for PC or Mac.
How to install WhatsApp Transparent?
And last but not least, here are the instructions to be followed to be able to customize your favorite messaging app:
- Step 1: save a backup of your conversations from the Settings menu.
- Step 2: uninstall the application from your phone's Settings menu.
- Step 3: download and open the APK. Remember that you have to configure your device to be able to install apps from unknown sources.
- Step 4: start using the app by simply choosing your country.
And now you can start chatting and sending messages from a very different environment. However, remember that it isn't an official development... will your communications be safe?
What's new in the latest version
Amongst the new features introduced in the latest version of WhatsApp Transparent, we have to point out the following:
- Updated upon the source code of WhatsApp Messenger 2.18.122.
- Improves options for contacts, specific groups, and the automatic reply of messages.
- Improves our privacy options.
- Improves the function to record voice messages.
- Improve the configuration of groups in which only admins can send messages.
- Fixes different errors and updates functions.