Nowadays, watching TV on an Android smartphone or tablet means downloading You Play Player. It's an application with which you can watch on your device thousands of TV channels via streaming and totally free of charge. But not only the typical digital terrestrial channels but also specific movie, series or sports channels that would otherwise cost you a fortune to hire.
The most social multimedia player.
Apart from being able to use this app to watch your favorite movies or series wherever you go, or never miss and important football match or F1 Grand Prix, it can also replace your native multimedia player, as it can also be used to play the videos stored on your device. Exactly. You can use it to watch those videos you've been sent by WhatsApp, those you've downloaded from YouTube with TubeMate or those you've recorded with the camera of your smoking new Galaxy Note 7. Well maybe not.
Furthermore, the developers of You TV Player, name by which this application is also known, have taken care of the social aspect of this app, offering us the possibility to create a user profile, with our own picture and data of interest. Thus, we'll be able to chat and make friends with other users and meet new people with TV and movie tastes similar to ours.
TV channels that you can watch online by streaming
If there's a noteworthy feature of this application that stands out above the rest, apart from watching videos on our smartphone, it has to be the instant access to thousands of TV channels from all over the world, with special emphasis on Spain and Latin America.
But apart from the ordinary open-air channels, we can watch theme-based channels of all sorts: entertainment, for children, world and culture, movies, series, sports, news, music, etc. These are some of the most popular channels you can make the most of:
- Movies: AMC, Cinemax, Fox 1, HBO, SKY Action & Adventure, SKY Comedy, TCM, TNT, etc.
- Series: channels that broadcast 24 hours series such as SpongeBob SquarePants, Knights of the Zodiac, Dragon Ball Z, El Chavo, The Simpsons, The Walking Dead or Futurama.
- Sports: NFL Network, Univision, ESPN, FOX Sports, Eurosport, BeIN Sports, Real Madrid TV, Barça TV, SKY Sports, Movistar Moto GP, Movistar Formula1, etc.
- News: TVE 24H, ABC News, Actualidad RT, CNN, Bloomberg, EuroNews, SKY News, etc.
- Child contents: Cartoon Network, Discovery Kids, Disney Channel, Disney Jr, Disney XD, Boomerang, CBeebies, Nickelodeon, Tooncast, etc.
- Music: MTV, Kiss TV, VH1 Classic, Virgin TV, MiMusica, Bandamax, Retro Music, Telehit, etc.
But, if that weren't enough and you couldn't find the channels that you need among the app's default categories, you can always add channels manually following these simple instructions.
- Step 1. Access the Add option available in the application's menu.
- Step 2. Write tutv in the Stream Name field.
- Step 3. Write tutvgratis.tv in the Video URL field.
- Step 4. Choose from the list the TV channels you want to add.
Other interesting features
- Access thousands of TV channels from Spain and Latin American countries like Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, etc.
- Browse through the categories to find exactly what you're looking for or search by country.
- If you usually visit the same channel quite often, add it to your favorites to create a shortcut.
- Don't miss out on your favorite series or any important match thanks to its reminders.
- Possibility to add new channels not included by default.
- Play the videos saved on your phone in any of the following formats: AVI, 3GP, FLV, M4V, MOV, MP4, WMV, RMVB, MKV, TS or MPG.
- Compatibility with Google Chromecast to send the channel signals or streams to a TV.
- Make the most of the application's social functions to meet people with the same movie and series tastes as you.
- Push notifications to get to know about all the service's latest updates and news.
And what about You Play Player for PC or SmartTV?
Unfortunately, the developers still haven't launched a version of this program for Windows or for SmartTVs. It's only available for Android and there isn't a version for iOS either. Luckily, it's quite easy to make the most of all these functions on our computer using an emulator of the mobile operating system by Google, such as BlueStacks, Andy, Genymotion or Nox. Just download the APK to your PC and run it from one of these programs to be able to watch all the TV contents offered.
Likewise, to be able to make the most of this software on a TV, whether SmartTV or not, you're going to have to resort to a multimedia streaming device like Chromecast. The application is fully compatible with the mirroring device designed by Google and it's easy to share the contents of the app straight with our TV to be able to watch programs, matches or sports events on a large screen, making the most of the player's HD quality.
What's new in the latest version
- Solves a problem with TELMEX and INFINITUM users that couldn't access the app.
- Solves a problem that didn't let some users view the channel list from the categories section.
- Solves bugs detected in the previous version.
- Other small stability and security enhancements.