FTP client compatible with different protocols
Despite the fact that the FTP protocol is about 40 years old (it was born in the 70s'), it's still one of the best ways to transfer files between a client and a server. To such an extent that there are loads of different clients to carry out these transfers, being FileZilla one of the most popular ones around.
An alternative to FileZilla
But there's life beyond this client, as you've probably imagined. This File Transfer Protocol offers us other options, such as Cyberduck for instance, that despite offering us free open-source versions, also provides us with a paid version for Windows 10, giving us an extra layer of security that other clients don't.
It's a file transfer client that's not only limited to the FTP protocol as it's also compatible with SFTP, WebDAV, S3, Blackbaze b2, and OpenStack Swift. That means that you can upload any kind of file to a hosting service with the same simplicity as ever.
Compatible with the most usual hosting services and protocols.
This program integrates a wide range of functions and features, such as those listed below:
- Compatibility with FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, S3, Blackbaze b2, and OpenStack Swift.
- Download, upload, copy or move files using the drag & drop function and preserving the structural hierarchy.
- Edit any file with your favorite editor.
- Organize bookmarks easily by dragging and dropping.
- Browse easily.
- Transfer any file.
- Advanced SSH functions.
- Easily configure cloud content distribution networks (CDN) such as Amazon CloudFront or Akamai.
- Access cloud storage services such as Dropbox or Google Drive, without having to sync files on your computer.
- Encrypted passwords to block the access.
Apart from also offering a version available for Mac users, it comes along with a user interface that makes it really easy to browse through our files and simplifies handling them online.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...