Download managers aren't very usual on iPhone due to the limitations imposed by Apple on their iOS devices, whether smartphones or iPad tablets. However, some daring coders have decided to settle this problem with apps like Downloader Elite Free.
The app to download all sorts of files on iPhone
Unlike Android where it's easy to find these sorts of applications, on iOS it isn't so common to come across a tool to download files from a website. This downloader comes along with a built-in browser that allows us to access any web page and scan it searching for downloadable files: from documents or compressed files to images and videos, as well as executables. And although that web browser isn't Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, it is comfortable and easy to use, offering us functions such as the possibility to open several webs at the same time on different tabs.
- Download online files through a web browser capable of detecting any format: video, images, documents, compressed files, executables...
- Support for several simultaneous downloads.
- Download process indicator.
- History accessible from the Files menu.
- Organization by subfolders.
- Preview files compressed in ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, CBZ, CBR, BZ2 and GZ format.
- Multimedia player capable of playing the downloaded videos or songs in MP3 audio format.
- Capable of downloading files in batches.
- Compatible with the following video files: M4V, MP4, 3GP, MOV, AVI, FLV, WMV, RMVB, MPG, MKV and iOSF4V.
How to use this file downloader for iOS?
You've only got to introduce the URL of the website you want to access into the address box, just as we would do in any web browser. After accessing the page, the app will immediately show us a list of downloadable contents that we can select to download to our device. The only drawback is that the interface's design isn't as modern as it should be, although it's definitely functional.