Although less known in the West, in Asia, UC Browser is a web browser with several hundred million users in countries of the likes of China and India, where it even beats the competition coming from alternatives of the likes of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The main reason is that this browser is capable of offering us faster traffic with a lower data consumption as its compression technology that's applied on its own servers can reduce the traffic up to 85%. It's a great browser for when you can't access a fast connection... and you have to bear in mind that in Asia that's a real possibility with areas that are still without an efficient Internet.
Who doesn't want to browse faster and consume less data?
Apart from offering this version for iPhone and iPad, this development also comes along with an application in APK format for Android smartphones and tablets, an edition for PC and even a mini version to use even fewer resources. The Windows edition was precisely the first version to be launched in 2004, developed using its own kernel and becoming the first browser to innovate in data management as it was all processed on its servers on the cloud.
But increasing the browsing speed and reducing the consumption of data aren't the only two thing it does, despite being the most noteworthy features of this UCWeb. Furthermore, it also offers us all these functions:
- Ad-blocker to avoid invasive adverts and pop-up windows. It also helps to save data when browsing the Internet.
- Plays videos in a tiny window so that you never stop watching any video that's currently playing.
- QR code scanner to directly access any web or online service that's coded using this system.
- Fast browsing mode that gives priority to the web's main contents leaving aside the loading of design elements.
- Nighttime browsing mode.
- Built-in download manager with support to download several files at once.
- File manager.
- Gesture controls to carry out certain actions.
- Customized news feed on your home page.
- Customizable home page.
- Cloud synchronization by means of a user login with versions for other platforms such as Windows or Android.
If you want to know more about this development, we recommend you to take a look at its official page, where you can find any additional information that you may need to know about this application for iPhone and iPad.