EarMaster is a program with which, as well as learning basic concepts about music, we'll also be able to train our hearing in such a way that we will find it a lot easier to differentiate the interval between different tones, rhythm sequences and chord chains. It's basically like having a particular music teacher on our PC with which we can delve into the music world through over 2,500 interactive lessons.
Train your music hearing without taking lessons
After each lesson, that teacher will assess the knowledge that we have assimilated. Each of the sections of the program will allow us to adjust several factors like the difficulty level, how the notes are viewed or the notation system that's used.
These are some of the most noteworthy features of this software:
- Different sorts of rhythm and ear training lessons.
- Thousands of exercises to learn to recognize, transcribe and sing melodies, scales, chords, intervals, and rhythms.
- General lessons and other more specific ones such as jazz workshops.
- Possibility to use microphones and MIDI keyboards to answer the questions.
- Hundreds of sounds sampled with real-life instruments.
One of the most appealing features is that we'll be able to complete the exercises by inputting the notes by means of a virtual piano or a guitar table, depending on the instrument that we're used to playing. At the end of each level, the application will create a log with our errors and correct answers, so that we'll be able to easily control our own evolution.
And the best thing about it? That we can use all its core functions free forever, although purchasing a license will grant us access to other accessory features. It's up to you.