iPhone users who like taking risks and doing experiments have a new tool to play with. The cybercriminal called Coolstar has developed Electra, a complete jailbreak for iOS for versions ranging between 11 and 11.1.2 that includes the installation of Cydia, the alternative app store for Apple's mobile operating system. This system manages to penetrate into the system making use of the bug discovered by Ian Berrer and that was later corrected in version 11.2. Therefore, you won't be able to use this app if you've updated your device.
How to jailbreak your iPhone with Electra
iOS is a great operating system but it isn't known for being too open, which is the reason why many users prefer to jailbreak their devices (we'd never recommend you to do so, especially if your phone is new and still on warranty). If you've decided to do so, these are the steps to be followed:
- Step 1: download the IPA file for iOS using our green Download button and copy it to your PC.
- Step 2: use Cydia Impactor (also available at Malavida) to install the .ipa file on your iOS device once you've connected it to your PC.
- Step 3: from your iPhone or iPad, access Settings > General > Profile Management, and search for the Electra certificate to trust it.
- Step 4: open Electra and tap the Jailbreak button with the Tweaks tag enabled.
- Step 5: follow the steps of the guided installation process until you reboot your device.
- Step 6: if everything has worked correctly, Cydia will now be available on your iOS device.