Some of the main features of Microsoft Expression Design are:
- Intuitive interface that makes it easier to design vector graphics.
- Powerful drawing tools that provide the maximum control during the creation of the strokes, applying the Bezier or B-Spline functions, for example.
- Perfect integration with other applications that form part of the Expression Studio suite, like Expression Blend and Expression Web.
- Flexible management of the work environment.
- Possibility to import the PSD files created with Adobe Photoshop.
- Capacity to export designs, so that they can be used later in Silverlight-based applications.
All in all, Microsoft provides through Expression Design a powerful solution for professional illustrators and graphic designers that want to create their own contents to be used both online as well as in desktop applications.