Distribution based on computer security
This distribution based on Debian and developed by the company Offensive Security is the official successor of BackTrack Linux. In Kali Linux you can find all sorts of tools relative to computer security and auditing.
Wide range of security tools.
This distro is really easy to install, but not so easy to use, as it's recommended for users with plenty of experience with this kind of tools.
Programs preinstalled on Kali
Kali Linux comes along over 600 preinstalled programs, including:
- Maltego, a program to gather data about people or business on the Internet.
- Nmap, a port scanner.
- Kismet, a passive sniffer to detect wireless networks.
- Wireshark to analyze data traffic.
- John the Ripper, a tool to decrypt passwords.
- And many more.
Requirements and additional information:
- You can virtualize the image with an appropriate program or launch the installation by burning the ISO image onto an optical disc or pendrive.
- The download includes a compressed folder with the ISO images for 32 and 64-bit systems.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...