There’s no such thing as a manual to play Minecraft although we can give you a few basic recommendations if you’re a beginner. After the beginning which is usually the same for all players, each one of them can develop their own strategy that will greatly depend on the game mode, the features of the world they’re playing or the difficulty chosen.
For such purpose, it’s advisable to follow these steps that are basically a small guide with tips:
- Step 1: create your own world, defining whether you’ll play solo or online, the difficulty which will influence the appearance of monsters or mobs during the game, and the game mode. Although it’s true that you can join other players in the multiplayer mode, which means that you won’t necessarily have to create a world.
- Step 2: the game advances by day and night cycles, and surviving the first of them is crucial. You’ll have to build a shelter to protect yourself so your first mission will be to collect construction materials such as wood and stones. You can build a wooden house or dig into the rock to build a cave. It will all depend on how skillful you are combining different elements to make tools. No creatures will attack you at home, that’s why it’s so important.
- Step 3: keep yourself protected by building weapons and protections such as armor and torches. It’s also advisable to spend time finding out about the different creatures or mobs because some are good and others are bad. If you learn how to distinguish them, you might be able to avoid respawns and having to find your way back to your shelter.
- Step 4: you now have to define your playing style, which isn’t a problem due to Minecraft’s freedom in this sense. You can play as if it were an RPG or simply in sandbox mode, either making the most of your creativity to invent all sorts of tools and machines or exploring the worlds created by other users.
- Step 5: explore places where you can find useful materials to make objects. You can find them on the surface, underground, or get them off creatures. There are the so-called recipes to learn how to make them; you’ll find loads of resources that talk about them.
- Step 6: take care of your health by creating a farms with animals to keep you supplied, preparing potions to heal you when you’re ill, and bear in mind that you’ll need a map with a compass that will help you to avoid all sorts of dangers
As we said, it’s not a standard game mode. You’ll be able to develop your very own playing style by spending hours glued to your computer and finding out all the ins-and-outs all by yourself.