Some years ago, downloading videos from YouTube to our Android smartphone or tablet could be a real adventure, but nowadays, there are hundreds of applications of this nature, with Tubemate as the most popular example. Despite the wide range of tools available, very few are as easy to use and with such a well-designed interface as Peggo - MP3s from YouTube and SoundCloud, a tool with which we can not only download videos to watch them offline whenever we want, but also extract their audio in MP3 format to listen to songs without an Internet connection and create our own music collection.
How to download and install Peggo?
As you've probably realized, you'll never be able to find an application to download videos (or extract their audio) on Google Play. The terms and conditions of the search engine company forbid these applications, so you'll have to download the APK installation file from its official website, accessible through our Download button, or from other alternative markets such as Aptoide or Blackmart.
The video downloader that Windows and iOS users would love to get hold of.
Installing this youtube downloader has no secrets. Once we've got the file in our download folder, just run it to start the installation process, provided that you've previously enabled the option to install applications from Unknown Sources from Settings>Security. Once this has been done, we can start filling the memory of our smartphone or tablet with our favorite MP3 and MP4.
How to use Peggo to download videos?
As we mentioned earlier on, downloading video and audio from YouTube is very easy thanks to this application. There are two methods to do so: you can input the URL from which you want to download contents or you can search by artist name, song or album. In this second case, you only have to follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Type the term to be searched (singer, band, album, song...) into the search box.
- Step 2: You'll immediately be redirected to the results on YouTube (or SoundCloud) that match your search.
- Step 3: Choose the video you want to download or the audio of which you want to extract.
- Step 4: If you want to download audio, choose the option Record Audio and click on the blue button labeled Record MP3.
- Step 5: If you want to download video, choose the option Record Video and click on the green button labeled Record MP4, choosing the desired video resolution.
- Step 6: From the Downloads tab you can see all the videos and songs downloaded to play them when and wherever you want.
- Download any video or audio from YouTube from a simple interface.
- Possibility to choose the precise fragment we wish to record by means of a sliding control that allows us to indicate the start and end point.
- Two checkboxes to remove silences and normalize the volume.
- Download section from where we can check the progress of the downloads.
- Different audio qualities available: 64, 96, 128, 192 and 256 kbps.
- Download videos in different qualities (144p, 240p, 360p, 480p…) and information about the weight of each video.