Sonic Visualiser offers you the possibility to carry out an in depth and precise analysis of the contents of all kinds of audio files, specially when referring to music files. Because although music is usually created to be enjoyed as it is, there are many professionals that try to go a lot further when it comes to studying sound files, trying to string out all the components of the acoustic engineering that have been used in them.
A lab tool
This software can come in very handy for sound engineers, signal processing researchers, people dedicated to musicology, students and anyone interested in knowing what is hidden behind a specific song.
- Compatible with WAV, OGG and MP3.
- Watch the waveforms of the songs using different views.
- Input analysis data at any point or segment of a song.
- Analyze the data in multiple time resolutions at the same time.
- Launch all kinds of plug-ins: beat detections, tones...
- Import notes from MIDI files, view them together with other frequency scales and play them together with the original audio.
- Select parts of the audio and play them in loops without any problem.
- Use time stretch on the songs: accelerate or slow down the playback speed with total precision.
- Export audio regions.
- Multiprocess application: make the most of your hardware.
Sonic Visualiser has been developed under the GNU license at the Center for Digital Music of the University of London. With it you will have the perfect tool to be able to compare data.
Even though its main purpose is clearly educational, its has an interface that is similar to that of the rest of commercial programs dedicated to audio handling. If you have previously used this kind of software, it won't take you long to get to know how it works. Download Sonic Visualiser for free and analyze all your music collections with professional precision.