What is Vidmate? We could define this application as a tool to download all sorts of multimedia contents. From an intuitive interface that reminds us of recognizable and easy-to-use applications like YouTube, we can instantly download all the movies, series and videos available on Google's video site, as well as from many other video hosting services such as Vimeo or Dailymotion.
Options to download videos, music, and apps to Android
Although the most popular option among its users is the option to download videos from YouTube to an Android device to be able to watch them offline, Vidmate offers us some equally interesting tools:
- Download music and applications recommended by the application.
- Multimedia contents organized into comfortable categories: comedy, sports, music, games, cartoons...
- Includes live TV.
- Access and compatibility with all sorts of services: Facebook, IMDb, Instagram, Vine, SoundCloud, Tumblr, FunnyorDie and many more.
- Incorporates a download manager to follow the download process, cancel the downloads or access those that are ready.
How to download and install Vidmate?
To download this APK file and install the application on your Android device, you've only got to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Download the APK file of the application to your smartphone or tablet (there's a direct link following the Download button).
- Step 2: Go to Settings on your device and make sure you've enabled the option to allow the installation from Unknown sources.
- Step 3: Go to the folder where the APK has been saved and tap on it to start the installation.
- Step 4: Remove the installation pack if you want to gain some extra memory space.
These are the steps you have to take because if you search for the application on Google Play you're not going to be able to find it due to Google's policies that aren't too keen on applications that allow you to download videos from YouTube due to possible copyright violations. However, here at Malavida, you'll find the file that we've tried out ourselves.
Should we expect a Vidmate for PC?
For the time being, it doesn't look like the developers of this application are willing to launch a version of their app for PC. However, if you're convinced and want to use this software on your computer, you can start off by downloading an Android emulator such as BlueStacks or Nox App Player that will allow you to have the program running on your PC in a few minutes.
However, if you simply want a program for Windows that downloads videos from YouTube, aTube Catcher is probably the best shot and you won't need to resort to emulators.
What's new in the latest version
- Bug fixes and a few improvements.