WavePad is an intuitive audio editor that hides quite a lot of professional tools behind a simple interface, these tools cover aspects that range from sound recording to the synthesis of an artificial voice.
- Possibility to load audio tracks from a CD.
- Capability to convert the sample rate of each file to a pre-established or personalized value (that can vary between 6,000 and 96,000 Hz) and transform from mono to stereo or vice-versa.
- Tools to edit (crop, insert silences or files, silence,... ) and mix audio.
- Add effects: amplify, echo, normalize, high-pass filter, equalizer,...
- Inclusion of a dynamic range compressor and a voice synthesizer.
- Change of tone and speed.
- Tools to analyze frequencies (FFT) and generate tones.
- Customized configuration of keyboard shortcuts to perform tasks.
- Support for the following audio formats: WAV, MP3, GSM, VOX, DSS, RAW, AIF, RM, AU and WMA.
If you're looking for a powerful and, at the same time, simple tool, download WavePad.