This utility reaches a high compression rate, thus managing to get small files. It allows us to compress files in ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, JAVA JAR, GZip, TAR and GzippedTar format. And to decompress: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR, ISO images and Bzip2.
Some of the options that WinAce allows us are:
- Compression in multiple volumes.
- ACE and ZIP (SFX) automatic file extraction.
- Special compression for image and sound files.
- ACE file authenticity verification.
- Access by means of the command line.
- Detailed information of the files, with the possibility to include notes within the compressed files.
Among the new features included, we can point out: multiple volume ZIP compression, repair ZIP and ACE files functions, 'Quickviewer' that allows us to see multiple file formats among which we will find images from Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, image files with the TIFF, PNG, PNG, BMP, RLE, and DIB extension, Windows icons,...
It's very easy to use. Once it's launched, it shows us a screen with the main functions in the form of icons at the top of the interface and below we will see the file explorer. With a simple 'click' on the “Create” option we will see a window in which we will be able to configure the compression rate of the selected files. With “Extract” we will perform the opposite operation. And, what's more, it includes a set of 'Presets' with preconfigured formats.