Updating YOWhatsApp isn’t carried out like the rest of applications that we usually install through the Google Play Stote. Therefore, to be able to get hold of the latest version of one of the best WhatsApp MODs available for Android smartphones, you’ll have to follow these simple instructions:
- Step 1: go to Malavida to check whether there’s a new version of the app. If so, download the APK from the YOWhatsApp datasheet by pressing the green Download button.
- Step 2: now go to YOWhatsApp and backup all your chats to keep them after the update. This option can be found in settings and you can store the backup on your device or Google Drive.
- Step 3: now go to the Settings menu on your Android and uninstall YOWhatsApp from the applications manager.
- Step 4: access the download folder on your smartphone and open the APK to run the MOD’s installation process.
- Step 5: once the installation has been completed, open the app, register your phone number and restore the conversations you saved in the backup that you had created earlier on.
The reason why we have to carry out this operation to update the app can be found in the fact that the application doesn’t resort to Google Play Services to update automatically just like any other app downloaded from the official Android marketplace. That’s because this app isn’t available in the store since it’s an unauthorized development and, therefore, forbidden. That’s part of Google’s policy applied to all developers that want to distribute their creations on this platform.