ZWCAD is a computer-aided design program (CAD) for 2D and 3D technical drawing and design, that's much more affordable than the dominant software in this sector, AutoCAD, guaranteeing full compatibility with the computerized drawing format DWG which is widely used by the latter.
This software has been redesigned since the presentation of its previous version in order to offer the user a program that's much easier to learn how to use, with the latest updates to this sector, and that allows us to save time at work. Furthermore, its interface is not so bright, with a higher contrast, and the color palette is similar to the background colors to make it more comfortable to work for hours on end.
Design objects, buildings, circuits, and all sorts of structures in two or three dimensions in a really complete CAD software.
Features of this complete CAD software
Amongst the most important functions of this CAD design program, we have to point out the following:
- ZWCAD image engine that allows us to edit or insert bitmap images in several picture formats: BMP, TIFF, GIF, JPG, PCX, TARGA, and ECW.
- The MLeaders allow us to add notes to multiple indication lines.
- The user can fill in an area with several preset filling patterns to obtain a much more realistic final drawing to be presented.
- The revision Cloud allows us to select certain areas of a drawing to later revise them in Caligraphy or Normal style or even by means of shapes.
- The complete tool menus include new Architecture, Mechanics, and Electricity objects.
- The software includes a Layer Property Manager that shows all the layers of the drawing and their properties for modifications.
- The Design Center allows us to search for and access all the CAD resources stored on our computer.
And all these options and plenty more and perfectly organized on an interface that will look very familiar to Windows users thanks to its menus, toolbars, and dialog boxes. Furthermore, the user can customize the interface to modify the menu, the hotkeys or the program's alias to adapt them to his needs.
This software obviously requires a commercial license. However, its developer offers us a limited trial version that we can try out for a month before deciding whether to purchase it or not. Furthermore, its price is much more reasonable than that of its main competitor, it doesn't come along with compulsory annual updates and the license is permanent, without any subscriptions or installments. If you're a 3D modeling and design professional, don't go without trying out this interesting and complete CAD software.