There's no doubt that Amazon has revolutionized the e-commerce model and one of the fields where it has had the most impact is probably the publishing industry. It turned this sector upside down by means of its online bookstore and Kindle, its eBook reader.
But to be able to purchase and download books and then read them, we don't need to have the official eReader but we only need to download the Kindle app for Android or iPhone that allows us to access the online store and read those books. Furthermore, if you're an Android user with a low-end smartphone that's running old, you might be interested in downloading Amazon Kindle Lite.
The lightweight version of Amazon's app to purchase and read books
Weighing under 2MB and perfectly adapted to sluggish networks, with Kindle Lite you won't have any trouble even if your phone is getting old or you're connected somewhere with outdated connection technology. You'll still be able to access over five million books available in its store, exploring different categories, with an app optimized for a lower resource consumption.
These are the main features that you'll find in this book reader app:
- Don't wait for the books to be fully downloaded to start reading.
- Resume your reading session where you left it.
- Nighttime reading mode.
- Modify the font and size to make reading more comfortable.
- Manage the storage data to not jeopardize the functioning of your device.
- Access a catalog with over 5 million titles. Explore them by categories or use the built-in search engine.
- Download books free of charge.
- Read free samples before buying.
However, this Lite version isn't available in all Android store so we recommend you to download the APK here at Malavida.