AndroRAT is a tool for Windows that allows us to control remotely any Android device from a PC. With this app, users can connect to a smartphone or tablet and receive information from it. However, it's a program that is based on an old vulnerability of the operating system that has been corrected in modern versions of Android.
This program offers us a user interface developed in Java and allows us to easily connect to any device by entering data such as its IP address or port number to complete the connection. The latter is enabled by sending an SMS or making a call.
Main features and functions
These are the main features and functions offered:
- Check the contacts and their information.
- Check the call logs.
- Access all the messages that have been sent and received.
- View the GPS location.
- Monitor received messages and the device's microphone in real time.
- Take photos with the camera.
- Send text messages.
- Open URLs in the web browser.
- Make the device vibrate.
As you can see, we're talking about rather invasive actions that shouldn't be carried out on other people's phones... that would go against their privacy.