Whitney Wolfe, one of the founders of the famous dating network Tinder, has joined another two former employees of the latter to create a new application to give it some competition.
Bumble intends to be a safe and respectful community in which women have the last say when it comes to accepting a relationship or not with their suitors on this new dating social network.
Whitney Wolfe wants to change the game.
Features and goals of Bumble
- Protects women against undesired and uncomfortable messages.
- Women must reply to messages within 24 hours to be able to get in touch with her suitor.
- Men aren't allowed to take the first move.
- Much more information is shown on profiles to avoid superficial relationships.
- In the case of same-sex relationships that are no restrictions for the first message.
This application, if it manages to steal a percentage of users from its main competitor Tinder, can offer place in which women can avoid pressure and where men will be grateful for swapping roles and not having to make the first move.