The Internet, in general, and smartphones, in particular, have become one of the most popular ways of meeting new people and flirting. That's definitely because virtuality helps to overcome the embarrassment the one feels when approaching someone he or she's interested in, just like we've done all our lives in bars and discos. Well, in gyms, libraries, schools, and universities, as well.
Among the most popular apps of this nature that you can download to your Android or iPhone, we have to mention Tinder with its classic Yes and No system to choose someone based on their photo. But there are other equally interesting apps that appeared long before Tinder, as is the case of Badoo that has been matching couples from all over the world for years.
Millions of guys and girls to choose from.
The best dating app? That depends on your skills
Yes, these applications can help, but they don't do miracles, so it doesn't matter how simple they make things if you don't know how to sell yourself well. At least this one is for free, which is a well-considered aspect for many users. You can end up meeting girls and guys without paying a cent, but if you want to top the ranks you might have to make some in-app purchases.
In its favor, we have to say that it's one of the most long-standing resources on the Internet to find your significant other, as it started off as a web page (that's still going) to end up becoming a mobile app for iOS and Android in APK format. Therefore, it comes along with loads of features that have been expanded and improved ever since it first appeared:
- Over 300 million users from all over the world on this dating social network. Find people from any city or region you can imagine.
- Send messages and chat with other users.
- Complete your profile with pictures, videos, and personal details such as interests and hobbies.
- Find people according to your location thank to your GPS.
- Make the most of the features present in other dating apps like happn to discover who you've bumped into.
- Search for your significant other using different criteria to filter the results.
- Share your profile with other social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Badoo or Tinder? Which one's better?
A few lines above we mentioned one of the most successful apps to go on dates and meet people but how it works is quite different to the application we're dealing with now. As you know, Tinder shows us loads of photos and the user decides if he or she wants to meet that persona depending on his or her profile picture. If there's a match (both users say yes), that's when communication starts between them being able to find out more about each other.
However, in this case, it's different because, although our physical aspect is important, users can configure a profile on which they can complete different fields to describe themselves physically and intellectually, and can even say whatever they like to try to draw the attention of the opposite sex.
The app also includes premium functions that have to purchased separately. Known as superpowers, they allow users to top the search results and gain visibility towards other people. These powers have to be bought by means of in-app purchases, but there are several hacks and cheats to get hold of Badoo superpowers for free.
In any case, if you want to meet new people on your phone, this is one of the best methods: simple, fast, and cheap.
What's new in the latest version?
- The features of the latest version have to do with the stability and performance of the application although the latter haven't been specified by its developers.