The official Android camera
There are hundreds of camera applications out there, some are more serious and others are more focused on the real-time application of funny filters and effects. But there's only one official Android cam, Google Camera, the app developed to help us make the most of the performance of our mobile device's camera and be able to instantly capture any scene that we want to keep in our gallery or share with our friends.
Google Camera obviously goes a step beyond a simple app to take pics and record videos as it includes a series of extra functions that make it one of the best camera applications on the Android market.
- Receive Google Lens suggestions by simply aiming the camera towards any object, URL, or barcode.
- Possibility to take HDR+ photos even in low-light situations.
- Portrait mode to apply an elegant blur effect to the background of our photos.
- Night mode works perfectly even without flash.
- It automatically chooses the best shot of the same scene with the Top Shot function.
- Collection of AR stickers and effects to give your photos a funny touch.
- High-resolution zoom to improve the sharpness of images even after zooming into the picture.
Any drawbacks? Well, the latest version of this application only runs on Android 1.0 or above, and Pixel phones. Therefore, despite being official, it isn't available for a huge audience.
What's new in the latest version
- New interface with Material You colors.
- Bug fixes and general improvements.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 12.0.
A Telecommunications Engineer, chance led me to the translation industry, where after a few years, I discovered another side of the world of technology while translating what others were writing about mobile applications and software. That...