On-demand television streaming services are on a high all over the world and are gradually becoming part of the usual online entertainment offer. But there's life beyond the classic Netflix, HBO or Amazon Prime, as proven by Hulu, another platform that distributes audiovisual contents over the Internet. Participated by several communications groups such as Disney or 21st Century Fox, it offers us all sorts of movies and series, apart from live sports events.
On-demand television on your iPhone.
Hulu's official iPhone application
Hulu: Watch TV Shows & Stream the Latest Movies has its own version for iPhone that allows us to watch its contents wherever we go, as well editions for Windows, Android, and the web. It offers us all the basic playback functions we need and allows us to make the most of the service's main features:
- Episodes in HD quality of the series broadcast by channels such as ABC, FOX, HBO, and CBS.
- Access to full series that have already been broadcast.
- Sections of programs, movies, and series for kids.
- Child protection.
- Self-produced programs from channels of the likes of Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, PS, FOX or NBC.
- Recommendation system based on the contents you watch.
- Browser while watching a movie or series to find out what's on next.
For the time being, the app is only available in the United States by means of a subscription that ranges between $7.99 and $39.99 dollars per month. Is it worth paying that amount? Is it better than Netflix? Well, that's up to you to decide.