Platforms to buy and sell between particulars are on the rise. It's much more comfortable to purchase products from home without having to visit any physical stores and it can also turn out to be cheaper as we're usually talking about second-hand items or new products that their owners no longer want. Other similar concepts of the likes of Wallapop or Shpock are real hits in Europe, whilst Mercado Libre is the number one service in Latin American countries.
The Argentinian-based online marketplace.
We're talking about the Android application in APK format of the online purchasing, selling, and payment service created in Argentina back in 1999, MercadoLibre, and that's now very popular in the rest of the continent, being a major hit in countries of the likes of Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia, Venezuela, Ecuador or Mexico thanks to its wide range of products, especially in the electronics field (computers and phones), cars and vehicles, services and real-estate properties.
How does it work? Once you've downloaded the APK to your mobile device, you'll come across a simple interface from which you can explore hundreds of thousands of products perfectly sorted by categories and brands. There, you can check the prices and even call the vendor from the app to ask questions about the product. Likewise, you can post your own adverts to sell any object that you no longer want.
- The most popular online marketplace for individuals in a bunch of South American countries.
- Find new and second-hand products at great prices.
- Possibility to sort the items by price, relevance, and other criteria.
- Products that can be purchased immediately or through auctions.
- Bookmark items as favorites to not miss out on any price changes.
- Filter your searches by categories and brands.
- Technical features, ratings, and image galleries for each product.
- Post your own advert using the free method in which you have to pay a tiny fee depending on the final price or the usual method, paying a fixed price.