Playing multimedia files on a smartphone has become a very usual action. The video quality that these devices are capable of offering, as well as tablets, has improved greatly and they've become a very decent option for when it comes to watching videos and movies, especially when you haven't got a TV set.
There are loads of multimedia players out there and you probably already know quite a few such as VLC, Kodi or SMPlayer. Well, now you can add to the latter an alternative of the likes of MX Player.
A versatile media player compatible with the majority of formats
The main advantage of this multimedia player for Android is its compatibility with the vast majority of known video and audio formats: MP3, MP4, AVI, MPG, AC3, WMA, OGG, AAC… and so on, turning it into a very recommendable option to play videos downloaded from any web such as YouTube or Facebook. And all the latter without needing to download any additional codec: the app is already equipped with everything you need to be able to play all these formats.
The other important feature of MXPlayer that allows it to compete with the rest of multimedia playback apps can be found in its design. Its interface and functioning make this application an extremely customizable software that can easily be adapted to the tastes of any user who can the playback and visualization options to his own likings.
A multimedia player capable of opening any video format.
Download the APK of this application and make the most of all its functions and features which include the following:
- Support for almost all video formats.
- Multicore decoding that makes the most of the capacity of devices with several cores: up to 70% faster.
- Gesture controls that allow us to zoom in and out, and easily move around the image.
- Gesture controls for subtitles and compatibility with a wide range of formats: SRT, SUB, SMI, TXT, SSA, ASS…
- Parental control option.
- Hardware or software decoding.
- Different playback options (background, random, from the Internet...).
- Compatible with Chromecast: play videos from your phone on your Smart TV via streaming.
- Compatible with Kodi's XBMC media center.
The version of this player that we're offering you here can be downloaded for free. However, you can also get hold of MX Player Pro, the premium version that you can purchase and that also comes along with expanded functions and without any adverts. You can find it on stores of the likes of Google Play, so forget about downloading an APK full from APKPure or any other similar site.
What's new in the latest version
- Fully compatible with Android 11.
- Allows us to play any audio file from the file manager.
- The function to download WhatsApp statuses is compatible with the latest versions of the app.