MX Player for Android can open any video file
Although it is becoming increasingly widespread to play multimedia content through apps that offer streaming video and music, we can still rely on Android with excellent players for the files we have stored locally. One of them is MX Player, considered one of the best in its category, together with VLC Media Player, SMPlayer, or Kodi.
A versatile media player with support for most formats
It is a video and audio player that supports almost all formats, with advanced hardware acceleration and support for opening subtitle files. Its compatibility is its greatest advantage, but we cannot forget other elements, such as the user-friendly design or the convenience it offers both in terms of usage and customization: from its interface to the options for handling or playing the different multimedia files.
These are the main features and functions you will find if you download and install the app:
- Support for virtually all video formats.
- Multi-core decoding that takes advantage of the capabilities of devices with multi-core processors: up to 70% faster.
- Gesture controls enable you to zoom in, zoom out, and scroll the image with ease.
- Gesture controls for subtitles and support for a number of subtitle formats: SRT, SUB, SMI, TXT, SSA, ASS...
- Option for parental control.
- Hardware or software decoding.
- Different playback options (background, random, from network...).
- Chromecast support: play videos from your smartphone via streaming on your Smart TV.
- Compatible with Kodi's XBMC media center.
MX Player is an app that you can download for free. However, it offers a paid version that has extended features and is even more complete.
New features of the latest version
- Easily access audio playlists from the local music page.
- Problems with private folders are fixed.
- The performance of the Move and Copy functions is optimized.
- The operation of the lyrics download option has been improved.
- A shortcut can be added to the home screen to access the MXShare feature.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.2.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...