Draw and edit images with a simple application
With Paint X you can do from simple drawings to elaborate creative projects. It's a painting tool for Mac in a classic format, but full of options. It's very easy to handle and it provide us with a wide range of possibilities to work also with digital photography.
It stands out for the simplicity of its functions.
It's equipped with realistic tools such as brushes, pencils or erasers, that allow you to add all sorts of effects to your images, including text in different formats.
- Rotate and resize images.
- Select and trim images.
- Paint with transparent colors.
- Almost 150 different brushes.
- 25 geometric shapes.
- The size of canvases and images can be adjusted.
- Drag & drop support.
- Configure the amount of undos and redos.
- Apply text to the images in different formats.
It's definitely not a one-of-a-kind application to draw or apply effects to images, but you're surely going to like it due to how easy and simple it is to use.
What's new in the latest version.
- Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur.
- Native app for Intel and Apple M1 Silicon.
- A few bug fixes.
Requirements and additional information:
- Requires Mac OS X 10.7 or above.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...