Windows users have been able to make the most on their PCs of a simple yet efficient image editor that allows them to process any photo in order to improve it or correct its flaws. We're talking about PhotoScape that now also comes along with a version for Mac.
The best program to edit images on Mac? Probably not, but...
Let's be honest: PhotoScape X isn't the best. It's obvious that other alternatives of the likes of Photoshop with professional features can't be it hands down any day... however, it comes along with a series of functions that allow any user, regardless of his or her knowledge level, to edit and enhance photos.
In this free versión, we can make use of all sorts of tools to carry out basic image edits. If we wish to expand them, we'll have to to the online store, from the app's interface, where we can purchase sticker packs and a Pro version.
Among all the functions integrated into this tool and its different options, we have to point out the following:
- Photo viewer to see the pics in our computer gallery like a slideshow.
- Editor to adjust and resize photos, adapt their brightness, color, white balance, backlight, frames, balloons, mosaics, add texts, apply filters, remove red eyes...
- Combination of several images to create a collage.
- Tool to create animated GIFs.
- RAW converter.
- Printing functions.
- Process images in batches.
The opinions regarding this program have always been positive and its user community has been demanding for a long time a version for Android in APK format as well as an edition for iPhone. An excellent alternative to be used on macOS.