It's getting harder and harder to develop a camera application that excels the capacities of the native application of our operating system. Both Android and iPhone have improved the functions of these default apps... and that's if the manufacturer itself hasn't introduced its own camera application. So we can usually get hold of dozens of filters and effects to enhance and edit images, and without having to download any additional software.
Or you can get your hands on Retrica, one of the best apps to take and edit pictures and that has been downloaded over 100 million times on Android alone.
One of the best applications to edit photos
So you might already be familiar with this app that comes along with a simple and fast system to take photos, create collages with our images, and record videos that we can later edit. It's definitely one of the most complete tools that we can download from Google Play.
One of the best ways to share photos and videos online on social networks.
These are the main features we can find in this app:
- Dozens of filters and effects for our images.
- Real-time editing: take a photo or selfie and edit it on the fly.
- Record videos: just keep the shutter button pressed to record a video that you can convert to GIF or use in a collage.
- Instant collage: you can create automatic collages with the different formats and picture layouts offered by the app from the main menu.
- Decorate your images with over 100 stickers.
- Insert text into your photos.
- Share all your photos immediately on social networks of the likes of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and on chat and instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp or LINE.
- Meet new people and make friends using the Discover function.
The Retrica app sets a very high standard and it's hard to say which is the best editor for Android: Instagram, Candy Camera, B612, CamWow, VSCO... A difficult decision because they all meet the needs of any user that's used to selfies, filters, and sharing pictures on social networks.