WhatsApp is the instant messaging app par excellence, without taking anything away from Skype, LINE, Telegram or Kik Messenger. Many people consider its appearance as a revolution, almost wiping out SMS messages for good.
The built-in chat app for OS X.
Despite being very popular, and even more since it was purchased by Facebook, we still don't have an official client for Windows and Mac desktops. Luckily enough, we can resort to other options, one of them being ChatApp for WhatsApp.
This application isn't a WhatsApp for Mac, since it isn't an official application. However, it does allow us to carry out basic functions as if we were using our Android or iPhone.
- Send text messages to your contacts.
- Synchronize contacts with your phone's app.
- View photos and videos on full screen.
- Download multimedia content.
- Attach files to your messages.
- Answer messages from the notifications center.
And if you're still not happy with this development, you always turn to WhatsApp Web, from which you can chat from your browser. However, this is a perfect alternative, very similar to DesktopChat for WhatsApp and others.