As you already know, compression is used to reduce the space occupied by files within our device's storage unit. Thus, not only do they take up fewer megas but they also become easier to send by email or any other instant messaging application.
Zip and unzip files on your iOS device
If you use an iPhone or iPad, you may have to work with a compressed file, either because you've received it as an email attachment, either because you need to send a pack of documents to your contacts. In such case, you'll definitely find iZip very useful, as it's a compression app that also comes along in APK format for Android and that offers us loads of features.
One of the most complete compression tools for iOS.
This app, that mustn't be confused with Unarchiver for Mac since it has been created by a different developer, comes along with the following features and functions:
- Compress files in ZIP format.
- Compress photos and videos from your camera roll.
- Compress songs from iTunes Music.
- Open and extract files in ZIP format, even when protected with a password or by means of AES encryption.
- Compatible with RAR, 7Z, ZIPX, TAR, and GZIP.
- Open and view documents in the following formats: DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF, TXT, RTF, JPG, GIF, PNG, videos, etc.
- Attach files to a ZIP.
- Send files by email.
- Open files in other applications.
- Work with online storage services of the likes of Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive.
It also comes along with a simple interface that makes it fast and intuitive to use. Therefore, learning how to use iZip on your iPhone or iPad won't take you more than a few minutes.