As everyone knows (or should know), Android is owned by Google and uses the Google Play app store and Google Play Services to manage the download of apps and their updates on tablets and smartphones. However, aren't there any alternatives? Is it necessary to download apps through the search engine company's store? Well, you should know that there are other alternatives out there like Aptoide or Mobogenie, from which we can download all sorts of apps to our device.
What's Mobogenie Market all about?
Well, it's basically all about providing us with access to over a million applications that you can download, although on most occasions it redirects us to Google Play. So we won't be able to find forbidden apps but only a different selection that allows us to discover new games and programs for Android.
What can we find?
This tool divides the selection of applications into 4 different areas:
- On-fire applications: the trendiest and most downloaded apps. Here you'll find the applications that everyone is using.
- Games: as you can imagine, a selection of different sorts of games (arcade, strategy, casual, action...).
- Editor's pick: here you'll find the applications curated by the service's editors. They don't necessarily need to be in fashion but have become their favorites.
- Must Have apps: essential applications on any smartphone, apps of all sorts including games.
Other functions and features
This services also comes along with the following functions:
- User area: by signing in as a user you'll be able to manage different aspects, not only about the download of apps. We're talking about multimedia resources such as videos, music or photos, as well as an app manager from where you can move them, uninstall them or block them.
- Search engine: its built-in search tool allows you to find applications applying different criteria.
- Download manager: finally, a manager from where you can manage all the downloads carried out through the app.
- Function to download videos from YouTube: it offers us the possibility to store a local copy of the videos hosted on Google's video site.
- Music and books: this particular market also gives us the chance to download songs in MP3 and eBooks.
What are the differences with the Windows client?
However, the PC version of this software offers us functions that go beyond simply downloading programs to our phone. It works like an Android manager for PC, allowing us to:
- Make backups.
- Install and uninstall applications.
- Access the Mobogenie app store.
- Access data stored on an SD card.
- Manage and edit contacts.
- Send messages.
- Manage applications.
All in all, it's a very useful app if we haven't got enough with Google Play, as you'll find a selection of Android software that's different to the majority of applications. But are Mobogenie apps safe? Yes, of course they are.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog has been published.